Located in New York, NY
The Infatuation is in a state of change. While supporting the strong editorial-focused platform that the company was built upon, we need to evolve our products to better serve our users as we scale. We have big ideas on how to make this happen and we’re looking for a product designer to help us get there.
As the first full-time product designer on our team, your day-to-day will be split between evolving the products of today and taking broad strokes for tomorrow. You’ll work cross-platform as we align our product ecosystem while maintaining a solid grasp on the big picture. A good candidate has strong convictions about how things should be done, but is comfortable handling dissent. You’ll be working closely with our Head of Product and Engineering Team.
- Own The Infatuation’s UI language across all platforms. Build and develop on an ever-growing library of design practices and conventions for internal and external use
- Ability to be autonomous. Ownership and accountability to scope, manage, and deliver on all projects
- Collaborate with other product team members to define project specifications and scoping
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and iterative click-through prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Ability to produce multiple concepts and prototypes while delivering polished comps, flows, and final assets
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Lead design projects of all sizes through the project lifecycle from concept to product launch
- Work closely alongside different parts of the organization - partnering with engineering, marketing, and business teams to provide product and design solutions
- 4+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- A design portfolio emphasizing strengths in typography, interaction and visual design, and idea generation. Examples of consumer product projects showcasing your ability to create powerful consumer-oriented experiences
- Technical experience using tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Invision. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS a plus.
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a product experience
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Strong communication skills. You should be able to articulate your design opinions confidently and with support.
- You are well versed in, and opinionated about the art of interface design
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Love of iterative development with an interest in honing design instincts through feedback, user, and A/B testing Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Ability to execute at any level
- Catered lunch, unlimited snacks, on tap coffee and cold brew every day
- Casual, open-office work environment
- Relaxed time off and work from home policy
- Subsidized health, vision, and dental care
- 401k program
- Frequent Infatuation and brand partner events
We’ve got some big things on the horizon, but these are some examples of our near-term roadmap:
- Implementing user accounts
- Creating a UI brand library
- Iterative changes on our existing site pages
If you think you’re “Perfect For” this role, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Include “Product Designer” in the subject
- Resume and portfolio of past work
- Tell us one thing we’re doing great on theinfatuation.com and one thing we need to work on.
- Explain what makes you a good fit for this role
- Your favorite restaurant. We won’t judge you. Just kidding, of course we will.