Software Engineer: Platform - Web
Located in New York, NY
A Platform Engineer at The Infatuation is a full stack developer that powers the systems behind our products. The platforms that they build are the life blood of The Infatuation and keep our writers going at full steam, while getting our users the intel they need. They have a strong handle on their toolset and an instinct to ship.
The Engineering Team at The Infatuation is a nascent affair, and this role will be a core component of it out of the gate. We’re looking for someone to take ownership over the web platform (a Django app). A good candidate has strong convictions about how things should be done, but is comfortable handling dissent. They’ll be working closely with our CTO and Head of Product.
- Own The Infatuation’s web platform. From data modeling to deployment.
- Implement new features on the web and collaborate with product engineers.
- Design and implement high scale web architecture with the CTO.
- Web framework development experience, namely Django.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web architecture patterns (API design, data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- 4+ years in industry. You’ve seen some sh*t.
- Linux container tech experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Go/Protobuf/GRPC and microservices exposure
- Frontend experience
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Catered lunch, unlimited snacks, on tap coffee and cold brew every day
- Casual, open-office work environment
- Relaxed time off and work from home policy
- Subsidized Health, vision, and dental care
- 401k program
- Frequent Infatuation and brand partner events
We’ve got some big things on the horizon, but these are some examples of things you’d be working on in your first week.
- Implementing consumer user accounts
- Transitioning our web deployment infrastructure to linux containers
- Data hygiene and insights dashboard
If you think you’re “Perfect For” this role, send us an email at email@example.com with the following:
- Include “Software Engineer: Platform - Web” in the subject
- Resume link or attachment
- Github Profile or example work
- Tell us one thing we’re doing great on theinfatuation.com and one thing we need to work on.
- Your favorite restaurant. We won’t judge you. Just kidding, of course we will.