Located in New York, NY
Social is absolutely core to what we do at The Infatuation. We’re looking for a strong social media storyteller in NYC, who gets The Infatuation voice, can write smart copy and pair it back to creative assets native to each platform. The focus of this role is primarily on brand voice, aesthetic, and copy, but they will also be responsible for personally managing, cultivating, and growing a handful of our accounts. Social is an all-hands-on-deck, all-the-time part of the organization looking to have people on the team that live and breath what we do and excited to go 100mph everyday on the accounts. Reporting directly into the Head of Social and Community Marketing in LA and working closely with our Editorial Director in NYC, this person will collaborate daily with our global editorial and partnerships team, touching almost every aspect of our company.
It’s a role perfect for a smart, quick, and detail-oriented writer that thrives in short deadlines, loves social media, and easily pivots with our ever-changing calendar of content. This person should have a deep understanding of how people digest and engage with social content, constantly challenging themselves to strengthen our unique point of view on the accounts. The Social Editor will work out of our NYC office.
- Oversee daily copy and asset usage for all 22+ Instagram accounts, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat, including weekends.
- Maintain an ever-changing social calendar across all channels, accounts and markets that support editorial, partnerships, product and other important launches/ activations.
- Think creatively about how we can amplifying content on all current and emerging social platforms.
- Constantly analyze social performance through audience engagement and AB testing copy, assets, and other variables to inform future decisions.
- Be hand in hand with our editorial department to inform all opinions and messaging on social.
- Work closely with the partnerships department on all social campaigns, staying afloat on all brand copy specifics needed within each flight, and always hitting our promised deadlines.
- Compile weekly analysis and reporting on all social platforms, identifying opportunities and insights to the company at large.
- Passionate about The Infatuation.
- 2-3 years of experience managing accounts, copywriting, and creating content for a variety of different social media channels.
- Self-starter who multi-tasks effectively.
- Highly responsible and knows how to prioritize in order to hit deadlines.
- Obsessed with grammar.
- Good sense of humor.
- Thrives in collaborating with others inside and outside the company across multiple timezones.
- Enjoys working at a start-up company and wearing many hats.
- Uncanny attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to shoot photography and video, a plus.
- Lives in NYC.
- Doesn’t suck as a human.
***Interested? Email us at email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d be a good fit for the role. Attach a resume, but no formal cover letters please. If it seems like a fit, we’ll be in touch!