LA Editorial Assistant
Located in Los Angeles, CA
The Infatuation is looking for an Editorial Assistant to join the team in our Los Angeles office. We’re looking for someone with exceptional organizational skills, extensive knowledge of LA restaurants, and strong writing skills to help our editors develop and grow our Los Angeles site and write thank you notes to our relatives after the holidays. Also pretty important: the ability to eat uncontrollably in public.
The primary duties of this role include:
- Managing our photo shoot schedule
- Keeping our content management system organized and up-to-date
- Helping to fill out our restaurant finder with new restaurant postings
- Editorial research (calling/visiting restaurants and fact-checking)
- Acting as a conduit to our social media and partnerships teams
- Copy-editing site content
- Helping to manage special editorial projects like our Assistant’s Survival Guide.
Candidates should be self-starters who can take initiative and enjoy getting stuff done while other people sleep. We’re looking for someone who knows their way around LA restaurants - ideally you’ve been here for some time, and can rattle off your favorite spots in a variety of neighborhoods, while also knowing the perfect place to take your drunk aunt for tacos after a rowdy LA philharmonic concert. That said, you absolutely don’t need to have experience as a professional food writer (or any food-industry related job), and in general, we prefer to hire people who don’t have ties to the industry. (In other words, please don’t write to us telling us how many chef friends you have, or how many followers your mac and cheese Instagram handle has.)
Does this sound like it might be you? Write to email@example.com and:
1) Tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d be a good fit for the job (no formal cover letters please).
2) Pick a restaurant for each of the following “Perfect For” categories: Impressing Out Of Towners, Big Groups, and First/Early In The Game Dates. Write a few sentences (in The Infatuation voice) about the place and why you think it’s a fit for that Perfect For category. Take a look at the captions on the Guides on the site to get a feel for what we’re going for here.
3) Attach a resume.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every message. If it seems like you could be a fit, we’ll be in touch.