Software Engineer: Product
Located in New York, NY
A Product Engineer at The Infatuation channels our millions of fans’ wants and needs into our products. They are engaged through the entire spectrum of product development from ideation to execution. They know the ins and outs of their tools and an engaging user experience provokes some dangerously heavy breathing.
The Engineering Team at The Infatuation is a nascent affair, and this role will be a core component of it out of the gate. We’re looking for someone to take ownership over the experience of our web product (a React+Django app). A good candidate has strong convictions about how things should be done, but is comfortable handling dissent. They’ll be working closely with our CTO and Head of Product.
- Own The Infatuation’s web product. Ship early and often.
- Empathize our user’s wants and needs. Communicate them through our offerings.
- Collaborate with our design team to create beautiful, functional products.
- Showcase our partners thoughtfully (Airbnb, Samsung, Coachella, Equinox, etc).
- Strong handle of HTML & CSS. Translate designs into pages cleanly and efficiently.
- 4+ years in industry. You’ve seen some sh*t.
- Python/Django experience
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Interest or experience in mapping
- Mobile experience
- Catered lunch, unlimited snacks, on tap coffee and cold brew every day
- Casual, open-office work environment
- Relaxed time off and work from home policy
- Subsidized Health, vision, and dental care
- 401k program
- Frequent Infatuation and brand partner events
We’ve got some big things on the horizon, but these are some examples of things you’d be working on in your first week.
- Reboot The Infatuation Restaurant Finder
- An HTML/CSS/JS framework for The Infatuation
- Google AMP pages for reviews and guides
If you think you’re “Perfect For” this role, send us an email at email@example.com with the following:
- Include “Software Engineer: Product” in the subject
- Resume link or attachment
- Github Profile or example work
- Tell us one thing we’re doing great on theinfatuation.com and one thing we need to work on.
- Your favorite restaurant. We won’t judge you. Just kidding, of course we will.